An apartment building in the central Israeli city of Rishon Lezion was evacuated on Tuesday night after an improvised explosive device (IED) was found in the building.
The suspected terrorist told investigators he had placed an activation device in the same apartment in which the IED was found.
The apartment in question belongs to an elderly woman who lives in a nursing home, and was used without her knowledge for criminal purposes.
Israel Police arrived on the scene, closed off the street, and evacuated the building’s residents before safely disassembling the explosive device.
When the area was declared safe, Israel Police reopened the street and residents were allowed to return home.
- Deri acts to revoke Haifa murderer’s citizenship
- ISIS terrorist discovered plotting chemical attacks in Israel
- Likud minister: Countries want to know how to deal with terror
- IDF arrests 22 wanted terrorists overnight
- Sweden seeks clarification on Trump terrorism statement
- Terrorists who shot at Israeli motorists arrested
- Trump misunderstanding provides media attack pretext
- In pictures: IDF drill in Hevron